Sunday, October 03, 2004

Day 25

Sunday is such an interesting day. You get to see this wonderful mix of gussied up church-going folk, and their evil, atheist counterparts, spending their second Saturday in sweat pants and ratty, Packers t-shirts.

So they had me run the express lane today, which was a complete and utter disaster. First, I charged one customer too much for her cucumber and artichokes. Then, when a customer brought a mattress to the register, I went around to scan it with the gun. Sometimes those little UPC bars can be tricky little bastards, and you have to scan them multiple times before beep at the register. Only thing is, the register on the express lane beeps a little different, and I couldn't hear it on the other side. So I ran up the thing 18 times. My manager had to come around and correct it (after she had already corrected the overweighing of the vegetables incident).

That was the worse of the day, but I also gave her 25 dollars for a roll of quarters (thinking I had grabbed two fives from my drawer, proving that my till was out of order, a Wal-Mart no-no). And I ran out of receipt paper, which wasn't a real big deal, but I'm supposed to catch it before it happens (so as not to keep the cuctomer waiting). And then I put it in the wrong way, because they didn't bother to show me how. So another manager had to come over and fix it, because it was just spitting out blank paper.

All in all, it pretty much sucked.

Today's Sales: $15,000

1 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Amy Rozeboom said...

If you don't mind me asking, what is your hourly wage?

Just to feed my morbid curiosity...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home