Friday, December 17, 2004

Day 98

The beginning of five days in a row for me. Christmas time makes me popular.

I'm real torn about saying "Merry Christmas" to customers. Most cashiers say "Happy Holidays." I don't want to offend anyone, but "Merry Christmas" makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. And because Wal-Mart is Bible-Belt centric, we can say "MC" all we want. So I won't get in trouble or anything. I just don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

But I'm still gonna say "Merry Christmas," because of that old guy at Gelzer's hardware in Hillsdale, who ran the register and used it as a greeting and a goodbye. He was real sweet, and made a stupidly-cynical teenager smile every December. And I want to be him. So Merry Christmas, and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.

And put you effing cart in the bin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home