Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Phone calls to Bentonville

So I talked to two very nice ladies at the Wal-Mart Home Office today about our abissmal health care. And it went very bad.

First off, let me say this. They were sooooo nice. One was like my mom, the other maybe a few years older than me. They love Wal-Mart and can't beleive the viscious lies that other companies would want to spread about their glorious company. They basically chalk it up to jealousy and move on to other more important matters. Like church potlucks. I oved them and hated them all at the same time. And I couldn't manage to argue with them at all. They beleived every word that came down from on high like it was the Gospel truth. They were so nice I just wanted them to beleive that they had won me over. They had arguments, most of them that followed the jealousy model mentioned above, and the idea that the media always enjoys tearing down the top dog for the simple reason that their the top dog (that's all paraphrased, of course).

I was paralyzed with sadness. I'm niot sure if there's anyone within the company who doesn't trust the compnay 100%. Except maybe the thousands of associates making less than $8 an hour. But apparently, they don't count.

At one point, the younger lady on the phone seemed to criticize certain associates for spending too much money on designer clothes when I asked them how our assocaites were supposed to get by on 8 bucks an hour. I don't know if she's been to my Wal-Mart lately, because it's not exactly Soho or Greenwitch Village where I work. Maybe her idea of deisgner clothes is shopping at Target. But I didn't ask her that. I just felt sorry for her.

There were more abusrd things said, but I'm tto tired to record them all. It's late and I must sleep. Suffice to say, the conversation did not go as planned.

And I'm about ready to get the hell out of here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home